29 December, 2006

The New Digs

Well here it is! The new blog.
I think it is a great way to start off 2007.

Imaginary Sea.
I love that concept. Growing up in a land-locked area where the only "natural" waterway was a creek that could be spanned in one step by an eight year old, you have to find the sea any way you can. Especially when your name means "Of the Sea" in Welsh. So I learned to see the sea in strange places. I saw the sea in the undulation of peaks on subdivision rooftops, in fields of grass. I could hear it as the wind rustled the leaves of the cottonwood trees. I created my own sea in the middle of suburban Missouri. An Imaginary Sea.

So that's the why and this is the "what's to come"
2007 will be a good year. A year of projects, a year of beginnings and hopefully completions. I promise to start many knitting projects and finish at least three of them. This year I will take time to enjoy the world around me, the people that make my life so rich, the wide open spaces and the daily things that often go unnoticed. This year I will teach Tallulah to drop the ball when I ask her to, and not just roll it under the couch. Michael and I will go camping in the wilds of Missouri. I will swim again! 2007 will be a very good year.

I hope that 2007 treats you right and that you all have a safe and happy new year!

No comments: