07 October, 2007

Deceptive cooking

I'm very much about getting as much nutrition into our meals as I can without being super weird. I add thin slices of carrot to tacos, last week I made cauliflower mashed potatoes, I add ground flax seed to almost everything.
This week I found a book called Deceptively Delicious which is full of recipes that sneak in good for you foods. So today I made brownies with carrot and spinach puree. The verdict is still out on them, but I'm excited about sneaking in some health into something so yummy as brownies.

The Verdict is in the veggie brownies are deemed yummy. They are really more like cake, and not like the fudgey brownies that Micheal and I really like, but if eaten as cake they are great. The chocolate cream cheese frosting made them extra good.

Side note - Buying frosting in a can is now a thing of the past. It is so easy to make!

No comments: