13 June, 2008

books, plans and quilts

I've been reading a lot this summer. 4 books in the past week and a half. Through admittedly they are light summer reading, but enjoyable none the less. Pretty much every spare moment is spent with my nose in a book or doing a crossword puzzle. I love a word game.

The garden has been left to itself as the unending rain is keeping me away. So far it actually looks pretty good. I have lots of nice plants but so far no fruits. The zucchini and squash have been putting out little squahsettes - I get super excited and then the next day they are all shriveled up. I don't know what is going on, but I want some zucchini!

I'm hoping to spend this Friday night in the exciting pursuit of cleaning off my desk so I can start sewing again. I have lots of projects in mind, but can't seem to find the space to do it. I would really like to finish the quilt that I pieced 3 years ago this summer. I think 3 years is long enough for this quilt to sit, unfinished in my closet. Also the bag that I've talked about is still sitting on the back of my chair. Something must be done about that too.

No comments: