Put a little oil in a large skillet and add the onion then the beef. Cook until meat is browned then add sauce and shredded veggies. Stir to combine. At the same time cook the pasta according to directions on box.
- 1 jar pasta sauce (I use Prego Traditional)
- 1 box Piccolini Wagon Wheel Pasta
- 1 small yellow onion - diced
- 1 zucchini - grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 2 carrots - grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Parsley - finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef or 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground turkey
Combine pasta and sauce mixture. Pour into 2 casserole dishes. Sprinkle cheese, Italian Seasoning and Parsley over top of both dishes.
Bake one at 350 until the cheese is melted and a little crispy. Cover the other and freeze for later!
Two meals at once!
02 May, 2010
Recipe: Pasta Bake
Pasta Bake is always a big hit here - I started out just using meat, sauce and pasta. Now I add veggies, because the more veggies I can get into my family the better!