I used this recipie as my jumping off place: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chicken-tagine/Detail.aspx
But in true little m fashion I did not really follow the recipe. Here's what I ended up doing
- 3 small chicken breasts
- 1 container of plain yogurt
- 3 TBS Patak's Mild Curry Paste
- 1 chicken bullion packet
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (I used a mix of red and yellow)
- 6 dried apricots cuts into strips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large sweet potato cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 carrots diced into coins
- 1/2 onion chopped and slightly caramelized
- Squeeze lemon juice (maybe a TBS)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger diced
- Marinade the chicken in the yogurt overnight or for at least 3 hours. (I just laid the chicken on a plate and topped it with the yogurt, covered it with plastic wrap and put in the fridge 1st thing in the morning)
- Put carrots on the bottom of the crock pot and top with chicken (still coated in yogurt) and then add the onions, sweet potoates, apricots, cranberries and tomatoes.
- Wisk the bullion, lemon juice, ginger and curry paste with one cup hot water and pour over everything.
- Let cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the veggies are soft and the chicken shreds easily.
- Serve over couscous.