05 March, 2010

Morgan's Chicken Curry

I don't know if this qualifies as a "recipe" as I didn't measure anything, I don't have cooking times, etc. This is an entirely "by feel and temperament" process.

Here's how it goes:
IMG_3654
Over the weekend I prepped this first step. So the chopped onion (about 1/4 of one since Michael doesn't like onions) and pepper (1/2 red bell pepper) were tossed into the skillet with a little oil. I sauteed them for a while and then added the bite sized pieces of chicken breast (also cut up over the weekend - approx one and a half large breasts).

Then I added 2 large spoonfuls of curry paste.
IMG_3652
In my opinion this is the BEST curry paste out there. It's warm, but not too hot. You can taste all the spices along with a little tomato that really makes it pop. Unfortunately I can only find it at World Market these days. So I bought two jars this week just in case it get even harder to find.

IMG_3659
Let simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Then add some coconut milk. I've done it with a whole can, but this time I used what was left in the can after 1 cup was used for the rice.

IMG_3662
Then I added some chopped up carrots, a few sprigs of broccoli and a can of sliced water chestnuts and 1/4 cup water and simmered until the veggies were tender-crisp and the sauce was thickened.

IMG_3664
Serve with Rice and enjoy!

No comments: