05 March, 2010

Meal Review: Chicken Curry and Coconut Rice

What a difference having good curry paste makes! Seriously, I've been lamenting the lack-luster curries I've made over the past months and it all came down to having the right curry paste. I've been using the powder lately, which is great for adding a kick to soups, but not good for a straight up chicken curry.

I thought dinner was great, the veggies were still tender crisp and the chicken was still moist. The rice improved leaps and bounds after reheating with a damp paper towel over it. It looked and tasted like regular brown-rice but with a hint of sweetness.

Micheal wasn't too thrilled as it contained onions and peppers. Greyson also wasn't enamored with it the first day, but loved it when I blended it with some rice and plain yogurt to a paste consistency. It was easy for him keep on the spoon and was yummy! (He's trying to spoon-feed himself now.)

Overall rating: 4 out of 5 stars ****

No comments: