22 March, 2010

Recipie: Sweet Tomatoes and Sauages

I watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution today and was inspired to check out some of his recipes. The only meat in the fridge today was Italian Sausages so I decided to make this: Jamie's Sweet Cherry Tomato and Sausage Bake.

I didn't really have all the ingredients so I made my own version, based on what I had on hand. So here is my "Sweet Tomatoes and Sausages" recipe:
  • Preheat the oven to 375.
  • In a small dish mix a few shakes of Thyme and Oregano, a few grinds of Sea Salt and Pepper and 2 cloves of minced Garlic.
  • In a 8x8 baking dish lay out 3 Italian Sausages and pour a pint of grape tomatoes over them.
  • Then drizzle with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, tossing to coat.
  • Sprinkle Herb mixture over the Sausage and Tomatoes and bake in the oven for 30 min.
  • Turn the Sausages over and give everything a good stir.
  • Bake for another 20 min. then remove from oven.
  • Remove Sausages from pan and put the Tomato mixture over the burner and cook while stirring until the juices thicken up to desired consistency.
  • Pour the Tomato mixture over the Sausages and serve with Lightly Smushed Potatoes.

This was a seriously good recipe. I've never baked Sausages before, but they were great! I also used a different brand of Sausage and was pleased to find these weren't too greasy. The sweetness of the Tomatoes mixed with the Balsamic was the perfect accompaniment to the Sausages. Even Michael seemed to like it and it featured tomatoes not in Salsa form.

No comments: