05 April, 2010

How We Did: 4/3/10 - 4/9/10

Saturday
Lunch: We actually had the Tacos planned for Dinner for Lunch because I had a work event that was going to have us out of the house for dinner.
Dinner: Tacos (Pork and Turkey), Cheese, Avocado, Salsa, Carrot slices So instead of Tacos for Dinner we had Honey Seared Chicken over Brown Rice from Pei Wei and Crab Wontons - that we ended up inhaling on a bench on the way into my event.

Sunday:
Lunch: Easter Brunch Brunch was fantastic and I ate WAY TOO MUCH. I had Ham, Turkey, a Roll, Mashed Potatoes and Corn, a Pickle, a Cheese Straw, some Asparagus, Strawberry Cake and way, way too many Jelly Beans. I felt sick I was so full.
Dinner: Quesadillas with Spinach, Pork & Turkey and Cheese, Chips and Guacamole - Yup, and it was YUMMY!

Monday:
Lunch: Ham or Turkey Sandwich (from Easter Brunch) I ate Ham all day long. It was great!
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Sweet Potatoes - Instead of Asparagus I decided to grill the last zucchini from last week. Zucchinis are one of my favorite veggies, but this batch turned out so badly that I had to spit it out! It was bitter and just gross. So I didn't serve it to the family and instead and added a quick ceaser salad for our greens.

Tuesday:
Lunch: Ham or Turkey Sandwich
- Actually we had enough chicken leftover to do Chicken Sandwiches. Well I had Chicken and couscous with guacamole.
Dinner:
Chicken Pot Pie Bundles - These turned out pretty well, I can see how kids would love them. I tweaked the recipe a little and used sweet potatoes, red potatoes, carrots and turnips as the veggies.

Wednesday:

Lunch: Pot Pie Bundles
- They re-heat really well. This would be great to make a double batch and freeze for easy lunches.
Dinner: Pot Roast - Potatoes and Carrots - I had dinner out for S&T's birthday but the rest of the family enjoyed Pot Roast. I love my crock pot!

Thursday:

Lunch: Pot Roast Sandwiches - I had leftovers from my dinner out.
Dinner: Jambalaya
- We switched Thursday and Friday Dinner, so tonight was Lasagna and garlic bread.

Friday:

Lunch: Jambalaya - Hot dogs :(

Dinner: Spinach and Beef Lasagna - Jambalaya with added corn, red pepper, carrots and sweet potatoes. I thought I was cook Italian Sausage (what the label said) turns out it was Bratwurst. We still ate it, but it was weird.

No comments: