11 September, 2010

Yum! 9/12/10

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and toast

Lunch: Hot Dogs, Watermelon, Grapes and Chips
Last week Greyson couldn't get enough Watermelon, today he wouldn't touch it. He is such a toddler! He did LOVE Grapes today. He ate his share and mine!

3:00 Snack: Yummy Homemade Granola Bars (Today's batch made with 3/4c Unsweetened Coconut, 3/4c Shelled Pumpkin Seeds, 1c Mini Chocolate Chip and 1 1/2c Mixed Dried Fruit)
These are always a huge hit over here. I know the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk doesn't make these the healthiest granola bars out there - but they are quick, easy and everyone loves them. Greyson stuffed his cheeks full and then signed for more!

Dinner: Deconstructed Turkey Pot Pie (Mashed Potatoes, Turkey and County Gravy) with Asparagus and Watermelon
This was a dinner that didn't come together as planned. I cooked the Turkey in the crock pot on Friday, but it was such a weird day that we ended up going out to eat. So then I planned to do Turkey and Sweet Potatoes for dinner only to find I had just 1 sweet potato - not enough for 3 people. So regular potatoes it was. Then I made gravy, which is very unlike me, but the turkey and potatoes needed something to bring them together. It turns out that mixing the turkey, potatoes and gravy together was delish! I just wish I had added some corn. Oh well, we had asparagus to round things out. Greyson only ate one piece of asparagus, but it is a start.

No comments: