It sounded great and I'm always looking for a way to get more spinach into my family so I gave it a try. I made some tweaks based on what I had on hand, and instead of a stuffed pizza I just made it as a regular pizza.
It was so yummy and beautiful to boot! Too bad I didn't take a photo of it!
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 TBL extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 packages of Jiffy pizza crust mix (which I then prepared)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- About 10 slices deli pepperoni (they were large slices) cut into thin strips
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain the spinach in a colander. Press with the back of a large spoon and pat with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Prepare the Pizza Crust as directed on the box.
- Place 2 tsps. of the oil in the center of pizza pan. Roll the dough until it’s completely coated. Use your fingers to gently stretch the dough (or unroll it) until it covers the entire baking sheet. Pre-bake for 3 min.
- In a bowl, stir together the spinach, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and a few cranks of pepper until well combined.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the wider bottom half of the crust, leaving a 1/2 inch boarder.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
(Greyson LOVED this and ate nearly 2 slices!)