27 February, 2011

For Serious - It's a meal plan and I'm sticking to it!

Last week we all got sick. Michael had the flu, I had a sinus infection, Greyson had a cough. It was no good. In the week when we should have been eating healthy things to help our bodies, we ate total junk instead. I was just too tired to cook, and we weren't even home for 2 days (my wonderful mother-in-law cooked for us - so we had 2 days of good food).

Basically this week I wanted good and good for us food. Even Michael agrees. When he SUGGESTS a salad - it is REALLY time for a salad.

So here is our meal plan for the week:

  • Asparagus Soup with Bacon, Parmesan Cheese and homemade Croutons
    Salad
    Apple Slices with Cheese
    (I make this soup at least a few times each Spring, when asparagus is cheap and in season. It is so good, and I leave out the cream - it doesn't need it.)

  • Citrus Marinated Chicken over Salad
    Mango and Kiwi

  • Pasta Bolognese (ground beef, carrots, spinach in tomato sauce)
    Salad
    Cheese Toast

  • Hot Pizza Dip
    Bread-sticks for dipping
    Salad
    Cuties and Banana Slices

  • Ground Beef Burritos (Spinach, Carrots, Cheese)
    Rice
    Mango
    Avocado

  • Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole (with Broccoli)
    Salad
    Mixed Fruit

  • Bread Pork Chops
    Sweet Potatoes
    Asparagus
    Apple Slices

No comments: