There are several blogs out there focusing on "Real Food" and eating better. I'm leaning on them for ideas. This one has some clearly defined rules for the challenge (read them here), but I read through them and while I would love to fully move into that, I know myself and my family. We need to move a little slower.
So here are the rules for our family:
- Refined while flour, sugar etc. will be limited as much as possible.
- Soda will be limited to 1 can a day or less. (Michael gave up soda cold turkey on year for Lent, it wasn't pretty and I promised not to make him do that again.)
- Limited packaged foods to those with only REAL foods listed - nothing I can't pronounce.
- Make a meal plan and stick to it.
- Plan lunches: Lunch is where it all falls apart for me. I need to plan it out.
- Make a thorough grocery list and only buy the listed items.
- Stick to the budget of $125.00 a week
- Eat more veggies!
You can check out the rules my friend Laura planned out for her family here.