27 February, 2010

Saturday Prep-work

I find the hardest part of making meals for my family is finding the time to cut everything up. So today while Greyson was napping I pulled out this week's veggies and chicken, some containers and a sharp knife and cutting board and got to work.

First I peeled 6 carrots and cut 3 of them into sticks and put them in two containers for snacking and to take to lunch on Wednesday. Then I cut the other three into coins and put them into container A for Jambabyla on Sunday.

Then it was on to the Bell Pepper. I diced it up and half went into container A and half into container B for Tuesdays Chicken Curry in a Hurry.

Next came the onion. Half sliced and added into container B, half wrapped up and put back in the fridge.

Then I cut up 2 heads of broccoli. A few florets were added to the carrot stick containers for snacking. A handful added to container A and the rest put in another container for baked potatoes on Friday.

I added a cup of frozen corn kernels to container A, then sealed them all up and put them in the fridge.

Finally I cut up 2 chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces that I put into one more container. Now I can just pull out 1/2 for Jambalaya and the other half for Curry.

I'm hoping all this prep-work will make for speedier and easier meals later in the week.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oooo..can you post your recipie for curry in a hurry??